The prevention of counterfeit components starts with suppliers. We keep a detailed list of approved sources by utilizing ISO certifications and surveys, Industry news groups, and order history to determine reliability. All suppliers must be qualified.
Methods of Prevention
When parts are received they are subjected to the processes below:
Stage 1 In-House Inspection:
- Complete Visual inspection.
- Data sheet verification.
- Device marking tests.
- Component surface analysis.
- Extensive use of high-powered microscopy and digital photography.
If any discrepancy is noted, customer may refer to stage 2 options
Stage 2 Outsourced Test Lab at Customer's Request:
- X-Ray analysis, including in-tape reel-to-reel and in-tray inspections.
- X-Ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy (XRF) testing.
- Mechanical and Chemical De-capsulation, with microscopic die inspection.
- Solderability testing.
- Electrical testing.
- Component blank check, erasing, and programming